Banking Specialist / Accounting Assistant
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 25,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
Kerry Business Services (KBS) ensures that the business financial processes are efficient and consistent through handling incoming and outgoing invoices for the sites. The teams work with site colleagues and vendors and consists of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, HR Operations and Payroll.
About the role
Maternity leave contract
Start date: Mid-October
We are looking for a Banking Specialist / Accounting Assistant to join an exciting and busy team within our Finance function. You will be a self-starter with an ambitious attitude with the desire to understand and add value within the team.
You will have experience of working in a fast-paced, thriving environment regularly liaising with multiple stakeholders.
The role will support our Financial Control team in:
- Performing Monthly Bank account reconciliations.
- Ensuring bank statements are uploaded automatically and correctly into SAP.
- Downloading Monthly bank statements and storing on network.
- Producing daily and Weekly KPI reporting for AR AP GL Treasury teams to identify and post bank transactions.
- Ensure all bank statement items are identified and reconciled appropriately and liaise with relevant teams to process and close out items before month end.
- Identifying and correcting posting errors by journal.
- Working closely with other team members to ensure smooth period-end closing
- Providing general and administrative support as applicable.
- Maintain system access and knowledge with new bank account/GL account set up.
- Liaise with ICT/SAP Team regarding any system set up errors.
- Provide support in the development of and adherence to all necessary financial controls to ensure the production of accurate financial records and information.
- Preparing Year end bank account reconciliations with all items fully closed out.
- Assist Auditors – internal and external with information/documentation required to complete interim and Year end Audit.
- Provide cover in the RCT process.
This role will provide you with exposure in a range of areas including assisting in the preparation of the monthly management accounts (analysis of accounts, journal postings, balance sheet reconciliations and other month end processing).
- Part Qualified Accountant or working towards Accounting qualification
- SAP experience desirable
- Excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to manage time effectively within a busy environment whilst having accuracy and close attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and ability to work on own initiative.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.