Tax, Intern – Financial Services, Singapore (Winter 2020)
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services, People Advisory Services (Mobility) and Transaction Tax Services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Do you want to be the solution, not just part of it? Then join EY and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
Businesses today are subject to ever-growing and increasingly complex tax and regulatory change. Helping businesses navigate these challenges requires advisors with a deep understanding of relevant legislation, outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage client relationships effectively.
In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose. You will also be involved in key projects to use and build upon your experience in data management, implementation of tax software systems and building tax requirements for various systems to help our clients improve the performance of tax functions.
Your key responsibilities
- Corporate tax consulting and compliance service for clients in the financial services industry, which covers banking and capital markets, insurance and asset management.
- Seek an understanding of what the Tax regulations require or business requirements of the client or the problem we are trying to solve
- Understand how the tax regulations or business requirements of the client operate in real world transactions, scenarios, various fact patterns and data capture
- Map rules logic to real data captured on the transaction
- Study the data available and make observations on the behaviour of the data and degree of variability and complexity of the data
- Perform analysis and data visualisation to do analytics
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess initiative
- Positive work attitude, team player with strong interpersonal skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Accountancy, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics related disciplines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. In Singapore, we have a history of 129 years, with over 150 partners and close to 3,100 people offering services to a wide-ranging clientele consisting of multinational companies, private companies and public sector organizations. The Singapore firm is part of an integrated Asia-Pacific area, which comprises more than 40,000 people in 22 countries, contributing to our total global headcount of nearly 250,000 people working across 152 countries.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.