Middle Office, Officer
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
Here insert short summary of the role. This should be a paragraph text, between 60 - 100 words, circa 5-7 lines of text or shorter. This is a brief summary including for example: The experience of the candidate. What is the main goal of the role and where it is placed in the organization. Try to include important Key words. Name of the team and country, region.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Middle Office, Officer you will
- Administer all derivative trades in investment accounting system and OTC platform accurately and timely.
- Support calculation, confirmation, audits and controls surrounding OTC Derivatives.
- Solid understanding of OTC swaps products is preferred.
- Solid understanding of the swap life cycle is preferred.
- Initiate any related incoming or outgoing payments.
- Complete various position and payment reconciliations.
- Adhere to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Elevate areas of potential loss/exposure immediately and include supporting documentation.
- Serves as a technical resource to junior staff.
- Reviews and authorizes cash activity and reconciliations.
- Knowledge of downstream effects and economic impact of the different types of derivatives.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to help other staff members.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting, finance or economics preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience preferred.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
- Advanced Visual Basic and/or SharePoint experience a plus.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.