Financial Reporting & Accounting Advisory Senior
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Deloitte’s Audit & Assurance practice provides assurance on the financial and operational functioning or client’s organizations by performing audits of financial figures and other data, and by reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures, systems and organizations. Solving problems, offering expert insights. This is Audit & Assurance!
Are you a finance/accounting professional who enjoys coming up with innovative solutions?
We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing finance/accounting/audit knowledge and use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects that add great value to international organisations (public sector) within their finance and accounting departments. From technical accounting issues, to new standard implementations, and complex transactions support, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Advisory Senior (IPSAS/public sector), you'll assist in the delivery of quality services that exceed client expectations and you’ll gain exposure to a variety of financial accounting areas in an international environment, helping your career growth and professional development.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Advisory Senior (IPSAS/public sector), you will interact with clients directly. You’ll also collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals to tackle accounting and financial reporting issues, while using our cutting-edge tools and technology.
- Be a trusted advisor to international organisations (public sector) to assist with accounting and financial reporting matters;
- Support international organisations (public sector) in quarterly and annual close processes and assist with drafting financial statements;
- Assist international organisations (public sector) in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors;
- Assist teams in providing technical accounting advice and in preparing detailed calculations in areas such as financial instruments, revenue recognition and related costs, leases, capitalization of internal use software and website development costs;
- Provide excellent timely client service, deliver high quality work and strengthen client relationships.
- From 2 to 5 years of finance/accounting/audit or equivalent experience;
- Relevant experience in an international organisation (public sector) an asset;
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or related field;
- Knowledge of IFRS/IPSAS or other international accounting standards;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French or Dutch;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and willingness to travel;
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently;
- Good presentation skills and ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts;
- Proven ability working in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel;
- Knowledge of IT systems such as SAP an asset;
- ACCA, ICAEW, CPA qualification or equivalent, or (interest in) actively working towards certification an asset.
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching;
- An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.