Commercial Finance Analyst
The Commercial Finance Analyst will support the Commercial Finance Manager in the production, tracking, review and validation of financial reports whilst supporting business processes within the Commercial Finance department.
Our client is a growing business with an excellent reputation in the local area. They are now looking to recruit for a Commercial Finance Analyst on a permanent basis to be based in their Bristol office.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will be responsible for the following;
- Using a variety of existing MS Excel trackers and other systems, produce financial and commercial reports on a regular basis working with the Finance Department to ensure alignment of reported month end financial information.
- Ensure appropriate revenue is included on financial trackers
- Validate date on all trackers / system to ensure data set is complete and correct
- Save all financial trackers / backups systems within specific folders
- Compile and submit financial reports and information to the Executive Management
- Ensure continuous tracking of WIP position and age. Monitor, support and drive the submission of applications for payments for various contracts and work streams and act as a reviewer and approver where necessary.
- Run ad hoc reports to monitor WIP status and aging of WIP and monitor, support and drive to reduce WIP positions.
- Work in conjunction with all business stakeholders to ensure timely (to deadlines) and accurate WIP reporting
- Review and monitor the progress of individual work orders within the different contracts and identify issues and escalate as appropriate
- Continuous improvement in the development of reporting systems and processes to improve efficiency and the accuracy of reported figures through learning and understanding the different contracts and clients.
- Work alongside other stakeholders to ensure all applications for payment are made within appropriate timescales
- Support Commercial Finance Manager with ad hoc financial reporting as appropriate.
The successful candidate will ideally have a proven track record in a similar role and be working towards a recognised accountancy qualification.
Experience in measurement, applications, cost value reconciliation is desirable.
A salary of between £35,000 and £40,000 + study support is on offer to the successful candidate.