Finance Change Accountant
You'll be supporting the delivery of projects from the FRO (Financial Reporting & Operations) business unit portfolio including internally or externally generated change, plus any projects from Group, LGIM (Legal & General Investment Management), LGR (Legal & General Retirement), any other Business Units impacting the FRO finance function.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Change Accountant to join our dynamic and growing team in Hove
What you'll be doing
- Taking a significant role in the management, design, delivery and implementation of change that affects the FRO accounting systems and processes.
- Working effectively with the appropriate business divisions and internal customers to ensure that all systems and process changes are effectively designed and delivered through to production in an efficient, cost-effective and timely manner, whilst maintaining technical accounting integrity and alignment with commercial objectives.
- Through effective networks, communication management and technical ability and experience, ensuring any requirements impacting accounting systems are captured and delivered. This includes a detailed review of the accounting systems and processes impacted by the change, identifying the impacts, proposing solutions through innovative and creative methods and delivering the end to end change methodology as required to enable the business to succeed.
What we're looking for
Technical Knowledge Area
- Corporate, Industry and Professional Governance
Proficient in the standards associated with the practitioner's current role. Examples: End to End, Group policies and procedures, L&G risk framework
- Understanding of L&G products and UK insurance market
Proficient in the range and type of products sold by L&G and has an understanding of the market that L&G are in
- L&G financial processes, techniques and systems
Understanding of the processes and systems architecture used by the Finance teams and how this fits with business processes and systems architecture
- Financial, accounting, actuarial and tax techniques and tools
Proficient in generic accounting techniques such as double entry. Has an appreciation of Actuarial and tax requirements
The jobholder will be a nearly or newly qualified Accountant or equivalent, by having relevant financial experience, with good experience within a Life Company or Consultancy
- Experience of using Finance systems, data to support the achievement of financial and non-financial objectives
- Experience of project lifecycle in the finance environment
- The ability to communicate confidently with management reasonably complex business matters to financial and non-financial audiences
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.