Purpose and Scope:
You will manage the GL team and responsible for teams’ performance by completion of tasks on time with accuracy.
You will also manage Month end close activities, Bank reconciliations for EU, NA and APAC regions, Fixed Asset accounting, preparation of VAT Returns and also leading the transitions and contributing to finance projects.
Detailed Knowledge of Balance sheet items/ Income statement line items.
- Expert in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
- Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and prepaid Journal Entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
- Contribute to the projects guided by business.
- Have understanding of US-GAAP and also the underlying accounting aspects. Can resolve the reconciliation and accounting queries from the team.
- Have knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement.
- Recommend changes to all processes improving the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
- Be an Expert for the team and be the point of contact between the team and the partners.
- Drive Business review meetings with respective Partners.
- Can create the quarterly reviews with the Leadership Team independently.
- Can completely own any transition opportunities identified and also setup appropriate documents and establish Service level agreements for the same.
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduation in commerce+ACCA 9 paper
- 8 years+ of relevant experience in Accounting and Reconciliation for a large MNC preferably BPO/KPOs or Captives having Finance and Accounting services
- Have been in the team leading role for 5+ years.
- Have hands-on experience driving transitions and setting up new processes in Finance and Accounting function.
- Have hands-on experience in Oracle Enterprise Business Suite R12 and also understand the Multi-Currency COA
- Have Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and good knowledge on PowerPoint Too.
- Have strong analytical skills. Able to perform meaningful analysis and thereby identify the reason for variance.
- Have proactive thinking and anticipate account risks to reduce any potential unreconciled or aged reconciled accounts
- Have very good Communication Skills and able to manage the external and company partners independently
Rs. 8-13 lakhs (Plus Variable)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Note: This job is for candidates living in Hyderabad or ready to move to Hyderabad if offered.