Credit Risk, AVP
Senior Credit Officer Alternative Funds – ERM Credit and Global Markets Risk
Who we are looking for
The Senior Credit Officer Alternative Funds will have responsibility for conducting comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis of Alternative Funds (e.g., Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Business Development Companies) including credit risks, credit surveillance of NAV and performance, and overall responsibility for the team’s infrastructure of critical tools. In addition, the role envisions covering alternative funds accounts from a credit perspective as well as reviewing and sanctioning credit proposals.
This person will make reasonable, well-informed credit decisions regarding existing and new counterparties and borrowers within delegated credit approval authority, balancing high credit quality objectives with appropriate portfolio growth.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Credit Officer Alternative Funds you will:
- Review and analyze financial statements, risk reports, as well as NAV and performance time series in order to calculate metrics used in the evaluation of performance, liquidity, leverage and portfolio risks associated with hedge funds
- Portfolio management of assigned clients
- Identification/ escalation of exceptions to credit policies and guidelines
- Liaise with business units to complete counterparty due diligence
- Conduct portfolio analytics and associated reports for use by senior management, committee submissions, as well as regulatory tests and annual strategy paper
- Maintain and upgrade critical quantitative tools (such as performance analytics Excel-based models and Alt Funds NAV database)
- Participate in or lead a variety of departmental risk management and project assignments
- Provide quantitative training/mentoring to junior staff members
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Build direct relationships with key internal and external clients as necessary in order to enhance credit risk management processes, participating in client meetings
- Establish a close working relationship with the front office business teams, and with risk verticals
- Mentor new joiners and analysts in the team
- Cooperate and collaborate with other risk functions and internal control functions
- Excellent critical thinking ability and analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent time-management capacity
- Ability to lead and participate in projects
- Ability to cooperate with others to help both parties be successful & foster an environment that supports effective teamwork
- Comfortable in conflict resolution as appropriate with others/in a matrix organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 6+ years of counterparty credit risk management in a global financial institution, or related experience, with a broad knowledge of credit and capital market products
- 3-5 years financial services sector experience including credit analysis, credit portfolio management, trading or fund accounting
- MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred (or equivalent)
- Robust understanding of capital markets and respective regulatory landscape including familiarity with global capital markets and understanding of associated risks – macro, rates, currencies, equities and bonds
- Prior analytical experience and/or formal training in hedge funds credit is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability in writing macros in Excel and Access, correcting technical issues and ability to build new critical tools as needed by the portfolio and business growth
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills for preparing and/or reviewing credit approval requests
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment and collaborate on time sensitive credit approval requests
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.