ENO: Legal Entity Reporting: Enterprise D #156797
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The role sits at a strategic level within the financial reporting and consolidation function. SPE Management and Reporting team is responsible to monitor and control the approval process of all special purpose entities and their quarterly governance. Additionally the team owns the disclosure of the USGAAP Non-Consolidated Variable Interest Entities filed in the financial statements of Credit Suisse Group.
An integral part of the SPE team is to provide excellent service to global clients (especially front office) through proactive approach within a dynamic environment
- Manage the Americas SPE approval process, ensuring all entities in scope of the policy are recorded, approved, and receive accounting treatment in system prior to entity formation/deal execution.
- Establish and manage relationships with Front Office, Product Control, Financial Accounting, and other relevant support groups.
- Train front and back office on the firm’s entity policy, system and SPE related accounting issues.
- Manage the Americas quarterly certification and accounting reassessment processes.
- Request, aggregate, and analyze financial data for Americas entities on a quarterly basis to support the reassessment of entities and disclosure processes. Identify and resolve data issues when necessary. Prepare activity report/roll forward to support the above.
- Update and maintain the information (entity status, documents, contacts, accounting treatment, etc.) for Americas entities in system
- Coordinate with team leads/team members to ensure adequate process controls are documented in MARCs. Support the global SOX team during the SOX testing around system controls
- Assist in developing accounting policy and with maintenance of the Group Accounting and Reporting Manual (GARM) related to FAS 166 and 167
- Support team lead on IT projects and operational improvements to enhance, streamline, and centralize SPE/CS Entity processes and system technology.
- Deal with internal and external audit, as well as any regulator requests.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- MBA/CA from reputed Institute
- Experience in financial services or service industry
- Strong communication skills
- Strong process governance skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Outstanding negotiating and issue resolution skills
- Pro-active, motivated, flexible and team-orientated
- Ability to work under pressure
- First experience from working on IT/operational improvement projects
- Familiarity with Transfer of financial assets (FAS 166), Consolidation of variable interest entities (FAS 167) will be a plus but not required
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst working collaboratively and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.