Tax Director, North America
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work
At the Kerry Center in Beloit, we are a leader in taste and nutrition for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry. We have approximately 700 employees at this location that perform various task such as finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. This location is commutable from major cities such as Milwaukee and Madison.
What you'll do
The successful candidate will have responsibility for all tax matters in North America. You will be responsible for partnering effectively with key stakeholders across the organisation so as to enable business strategies by providing timely and relevant advice – ensuring tax opportunities identified will generate shareholder value.
- You will provide leadership & support to Regional Tax Director on all North America tax matters.
- You will be working with our Tax Audit Director to manage North America Federal & State Direct tax audits, together with addressing tax matters arising from same.
- You will manage planning and implementation of allocated tax initiatives, being able to communicate impact and issues to relevant parties and explain accounting treatment to finance personnel.
- You will advise on taxation matters relating to acquisitions or disposals including structuring and due diligence. Manage any claims under the taxation warranties or indemnity.
- You will manage and support of the various tax matters relating to the company’s international operating structure, from a tax audit and controversy perspective.
- You will be responsible for identification, examination and implementation of tax planning and group restructuring opportunities to minimise group tax charges and reduce group effective tax rate. Encourage regular dialogue and idea generation to achieve the group’s tax objectives from, the various markets.
- You will be responsible for preparing technical research, including preparing and maintaining tax analyses and technical papers, to support tax filing positions.
- You will be responsible for the management of the corporate tax compliance and the sales and use tax compliance process (with the support of the tax accountants on the North America tax team)
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Group Tax team to ensure accurate accounting of current and deferred tax in the Group statutory accounts (with the support of the tax accountants on the North America tax team).
What you'll do to be successful:
- Bachelor's or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- You will need a minimum of 7-10 years relevant financial experience ideally gained in a Big 4 professional practice firm or from a large multinational environment.
- You will need the expertise of leading high performing teams with varied skills and experience – responsible for building & developing talent within your team.
- You will need the experience of managing relationships with internal business leaders and your internal customers in a matrix environment (in the majority these are Kerry Group employees).
- You will need the ability to deal effectively in a multi-jurisdictional and global environment as well as a high degree of commercial acumen and ability to make reasoned decisions and judgements.
- You will need strong technical and analytical skills
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.