Technical Coordinator, Hedge Fund Services (Corporate Actions)
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
The Hedge Fund Accounting team looks after Hedge Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. The Technical Coordinator ensures timely & accurate reports & accounts for a range of clients. In addition this role includes direct liaison with both clients and auditors and therefore an integral part of maintaining our reputation for high quality client service. The Technical Coordinator supports the Team Manager in ensuring operational efficiency. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees. Manages daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Ensure timely & accurate reports & accounts for a range of clients
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Direct liaison with both clients and auditors
- Supports the team manager in ensuring operational efficiency
- Responsible for ensuring accurate financial statements and reports for a designated group of funds
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to more junior team members, support the Team Leader with respect to workflow distribution and ensuring the effective the use of staff resources
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Be able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Internal candidates must meet the IJP eligibility requirements of Northern Trust
10AM to 7PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.