Senior Management Accountant
This Senior Management Accountant role is advertised for a candidate who is immediately available or on a 1 week notice period.
Please apply is you have the relevant experience below - your application will not be accepted if you do not have the appropriate experience.
The role is a 12 month FTC, based in central London. This is the perfect role for someone who is looking for a stepping stone between roles.
With a very high volume of work, this accountancy role will be extremely fast paced. Please apply if you are motivated and confident within a fast paced environment.
The main responsibilities for this Senior Management Accountant are:
1. Review of the monthly profit and loss accounts for the group to identify any
prepayments or accruals required for month end reporting including journaling
correcting entries for re-allocations when identified.
2. Maintain and update a detail listing of prepayments and accruals with backing
support as required.
3. Preparation of quarterly reconciliations and the ability to identify transactions that
should be recharged between companies within the Group. An understanding of the
contractual agreements in place will be required to be able to successfully track and
recharge inter company cross charges.
4. Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including backing schedules
and relevant breakdowns.
5. Liaise with managers across the business to understand any material movements in
management accounts compared to budget and documentation of the
understanding on a monthly basis in the format of management commentary. The
results will be presented to the Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller on
a monthly basis.
6. Assistance with the preparation of the management reporting pack, group reporting
pack (twice a year) and the monthly board reporting packs.
7. Preparation and review of divisional profit and loss accounts including commentary
for reporting to the board.
8. Liaise with other areas of business for data accumulation of data required in
recharges and this may include couriers, laboratory heads of departments, HR etc.
9. Maintain the fixed asset register and ensure assets are categorised in the correct
area through making enquiries with the relevant Heads of Departments. Liaise with
operations to classify and allocate repairs and maintenance contracts to the
10. Monitor capex spend for new building and other projects/spend against the budget.
11. Assistance with the preparation of the annual budgets and re-forecasts
12. Managing a small team and assist with streamlining the processes and controls.
Supporting the team supervisor with day to day activities including the review of
deliverables from the team.
13. Preparation of financial statements and annual tax compliance packs.
14. Liaising with and preparation of deliverables for the annual external audit and
internal audits as required.
15. Updating and preparation of standard operating procedures as required and
assistance with the redesigning of internal management and month end reports.
16. Completion of the monthly CIS and assistance with the preparation of VAT returns.
17. Ad hoc tasks as required by the Finance Manager or the Financial Controller.
You will be successful if you have experience in the responsibilities listed above. Please apply if you are the ideal candidate for this Senior Management Accountant role.
It is important that you have a willingness to learn and a passion for accountancy.
This 12 month fixed term contract, located in central London is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to gain valuable experience in a fast paced industry.