An exciting new role has been created sitting within the busiest and fasted growing Practice Area within a top international Law Firm. The key focus of this role is on providing direct support and billing assistance to the head of the practice.
This international Law Firm are a well know and respected company. Their head office is based near Chancery Lane, City of London.
As the Legal Biller you will be responsible for the following:
- End to end preparation of bills for the Practice Area for a number of specific clients
- Working closely with the Partners to ensure the bills are prepared to the required standard, signed off, and ready to be sent to the client by strict deadlines.
- Regular review of time recording narratives to ensure these are of a standard accepted by clients / relevant e-billing systems
- Managing third part disbursements
- Processing the firm's bills, and ensuring the billing guide adequately supports time or disbursements removed
- Preparation and processing of a number of complex multi-matter bills and foreign currency bills as required
- Dealing with all billing related matters including time transfers, anticipated time, fee allocations, WIP and bill write offs, bill reversals and credit notes
- Providing support with uploading bills into the e-billing portals as necessary and ensuring that
any resulting queries are followed up with the fee earners and relevant counterparts and corrected in a timely manner
- Overall client / matter maintenance including set up / maintenance of special rates and file closures
- Regular review and maintenance of WIP on relevant matters, including processing of write
offs where necessary
- Providing support to other billers and the rest of Business Group when not involved with the Practice Area specific work
- Conducting WIP review meetings as required
To be considered for this Legal Biller role you must have the following:
- Experience in a Legal Biller role (essential)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Working knowledge of the Solicators' Accounting Rules
- Experience of Aderant Expert (highly desirable)
£36,000 - £40,000 + excellent benefits