Position Description: Project Accountant
Basic Function: The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of the project, recording and preparing financial reports; investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are reconciled.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Execute the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Create and submit reports inclusive of tax returns related to the project
- Responsible for preparation of payroll
Desired Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in business/accounting, or related qualification; professional qualification (minimum being foundation qualification). Must have detailed knowledge of project contracts. Must have excellent communication and writing skills, and at least two years of experience in project accounting.
IT skills: Must be computer literate with demonstrated experience in accounting package usage. Knowledge of QuickBooks or Sage accounting packages will be an added advantage.
Package: Attractive package offered to candidate with right experience and skills.
Tenure: Project is for 18 months but maybe extended for an additional 6 months.
Closing date: 1st October 2020
Location: Lusaka, Zambia