As a niche yet key SME media organisation in Australia, with an international presence, our client’s portfolio includes many instantly recognisable brands. They are currently expanding their Australian team and local operations.
They have modern and open offices with a work culture that is energetic, friendly and supportive. This is a permanent position, that will be initially be full time. Once you have settled in and have demonstrated your familiarity with the role, your employment will evolve in to a part time, 3 day per week arrangement. Coupled with this, you will also be given the opportunity to work from home long term if you so wish.
As the Company Accountant you will play a pivotal role within this dynamic and fast paced media business.
Reporting in to the MD, your role will be responsible for (not limited to):
- Month-end closing for divisions, driver based analysis & contribution to business financial reporting
- Streamlining the current month end process as well as involvement in other business improvement initiatives
- Intercompany reporting and reconciliation
- Continuous improvement across policies, systems, processes & procedures
- BAS, FBT, GST preparation and lodgment
- Management of the statutory accounts
- Budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and long-term planning
- Team management and development of 2 Accounting staff
As the ideal candidate for this Company Accountant opportunity you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) and looking for an all-encompassing finance role
- You may have worked within Business Services or Chartered and made a move in to the commercial arena or have developed your career working your way up through the ranks in industry
- It is essential for you to have solid fundamental skills in accounting as well as the drive and ambition to succeed in a fast paced and evolving environment
- A high level of proficiency in the use of Excel is essential
- Be keen to quickly evolve from five days to three days a week (part time)
- Proficiency in the use of XERO and experience working within the media industry will be advantageous but by no means essential
We would be keen to speak with those who may have worked previously as a Finance Manager, Company Accountant, Financial Accountant, Group Accountant or Senior Accountant in a small to medium sized business in a hands-on role.
If you are keen to find out more about this Company Accountant position, please contact Justin Wong at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5646, quoting reference 5841 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.