Group Finance Manager
Our client is one of the world’s best-known insurance firms offering a variety of services to the domestic and international markets. They are a high-profile player in the global insurance space, enjoying a long history of solid and continuous growth.
The business provides their team with corporate offices in Sydney’s CBD conveniently located close to public transport. The team enjoy a strong culture and working for a business with an ethos of nurturing careers and promoting from within wherever possible.
Your role as Group Finance Manager will take responsibility for a range of financial accounting and project work. More specifically you will be responsible for the:
- Preparation of the group consolidated accounts
- Investigation of accounting and reporting issues and preparation of accounting files
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for the consolidated group and major subsidiaries
- Preparation and review of GL reconciliations
- Capital expenditure monitoring and liaison with other departments
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reporting pack
This role will provide exposure across all areas of Group Accounting whilst giving you the opportunity to liaise with senior level executives across the business. As the Group Finance Manager you will have the chance to be involved with a range of interesting projects and process improvement initiatives, adding yet another dimension to this attractive role.
To be considered for this Group Finance Manager role, you should possess strong technical financial knowledge and relevant industry qualifications (e.g. CA / CPA / ACCA or equivalent). Ideally you will also have:
- Experience working in a large, corporate and listed (ASX) enterprise
- Solid technical accounting expertise and in-depth consolidations experience
- Insurance industry or financial services industry experience would also be highly regarded
- Those who may have worked as a Senior Financial Accountant Finance Manager or Group Accountant are welcome to apply
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a pre-requisite
If you are keen to apply for this Group Finance Manager role, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5845 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.