Consulting - Financial Services, Business Transformation - Senior Associate
As part of the newly formed Business Transformation competency, EY is looking to expand its market presence within the Financial Services domain to help banks, securities companies, insurers, asset managers, asset servicers, asset owners and non-traditional FS players to align their business model to the new market realities and remain relevant for the time to come. Defining and implementing business transformation requires a combination of skills focused on driving broad, multi-disciplinary, front to back transformations with the client / consumer at the front and center. This marks a shift from the traditional approach to transformation, which is inward-driven, function-specific and focused on optimizing a single or narrow set of metrics, e.g. revenue, cost or control. Hence, we are looking for highly talented professionals who have experience with end to end transformations and redesigned client journeys, products, operating models, service delivery, middle/back office, controls, business enablers, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- Support the Service Leader (Partner) to help grow the competency and execute the go-to-market approach and client coverage
- Help with business development on select clients to build and convert the pipeline
- Gather data, perform analysis, provide insights and recommendations to project leadership and client personnel
- Collaborate with other competencies on cross team offerings
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or technology disciplines from a recognized university
- Around 4 years of strong private banking or wealth management experience in a leading global financial institution or consulting firm
- Strong structured problem solving skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills with experience of working with data to develop structured analysis, documents and research reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in understanding macroeconomic and financial services trends
- Proficiency in MS Excel, with core skills to support analysis
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint to present complex data visually
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Fluency in English, with strong verbal and written presentation skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A can-do spirit with intellectual curiosity and passion to make a genuine difference while embedding meaningful, measurable change for clients
- Strong presentation, facilitation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in both global financial institutions and consulting firms in Greater China
- Experience with projects or client engagements that identified, designed and implemented creative business solutions or transformation programs in Private Banking and/or Wealth Management for existing and/or new businesses and markets
- Experience with business pursuit and proposal processes
- Fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.