Transfer Agency Specialist (Investor Service), Associate 1
Who we are looking for:
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a joint venture between Boston-based State Street Corporation, a world leader in financial services providing investment servicing, investment management, trading services and investment research, and DST Systems, Inc., a Kansas City-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems. International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a global market leader committed to providing high quality systems and services to our clients. The IFDS family is made up of more than 5,500 world-class employees, located in our offices in Canada, Ireland, Luxembourg, India and the United Kingdom.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- The Investor Services team is a Client Facing role.
- The Investor Services Associate is the focal point for the day-to-day client services of the Investor Services Team.
- The Investor Services team answers all queries received via phone, email, facsimile and post from external sources -shareholders, brokers, financial intermediaries, - i.e. Client Service Team, Service Delivery Team and internally from IFDS cross location functional teams supporting this business.
- The Investor Services team performs customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of instruction information in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed Client Service Agreement delivery timeframes.
- The Investor Services Associate will work independently and will also work on improving established guidelines and practices by consulting with the Team Leader and Manager where clarification or exception may be required.
- The investor Services Associate will investigate and co-ordinate all written customer complaints in line with the relevant internal procedures.
- The Investor Services Associate will provide support, escalation route when necessary to manage and resolve all queries received from external and internal parties.
- The Investor Services Associate plays a supporting role to Customer Services Team Leader and Managers and drives operational excellence by implementing and embedding a continuous improvement culture.
- AWD - All queries received in the Investor Services Team are monitored via the AWD (Automated Workflow Distributor) application. It tracks, controls and manages work through the appropriate processing steps based in the defined workflow. AWD is designed to reduce the physical handling of paper, to distribute the work to trained personnel and to track these pieces of work.
- iFAST is used as our primary record-keeping system. The Shareholders Register & Unit holdings System, all shareholders, Broker, Fund, Fee & Dividend information is stored on this system.
- Victor Buck - Media Dispatch Vendor Victor Buck will distribute the contract notes/statements and fax and email reports will be generated and sent to the Victor Buck inbox.
What we value:
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Initiate problem recovery, takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Good knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions.
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Successfully attended final second-level education (BAC+2 minimum) or equivalent professional qualification.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance or business administration will be considered as a plus.
- Fluent in English with strong language skills a clear preference.
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are assets.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…).
- Previous experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services is preferred.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Strong client focus.
- Strong communication skills - adapting style to audience and including senior levels both internally and externally.
- Premium life insurance package
- Employee savings plan
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.