Corporate Tax Internship (Suffolk University Undergrad)
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street
Corporate Tax Intern
The Corporate Tax Department at State Street is hiring Suffolk undergraduate Accounting or Big Data students to join our long term, remote tax internship. All necessary training will be provided on the job. We are looking for candidates who enjoy problem solving and analytical thinking who will grow to become valuable contributing members of our team. You will join a world-class tax department completing Federal (US Domestic and US International) and State tax returns for a large multinational corporation and be involved in the monthly tax expense calculations for the tax provision, while enhancing your data analytic skills in excel and access. Gain valuable real-world experience in Tax Accounting while completing your education at Suffolk.
Your responsibilities as a Corporate Tax Intern will include:
- Tax return preparation
- Calculation of income tax expense
- Roll forward of deferred tax balances
- Reporting and reconciliation of tax accounts
- Other related tax projects
- Major in Accounting
- Overall GPA 3.3 or above
- Commit to 18-24 month internship
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel<
- Organized and detail-oriented
Skill Development Opportunities:
As a Corporate Tax Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain the following skills:
- Federal, State and International tax return preparation
- Data analytics with Access and Excel
- Tax software, including OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision, and BNA Fixed Assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.