Consultant, Transfer Agency
The candidate will be responsible for managing a variety of US Transfer Agency projects and providing support/oversight to key production processes. Serves on various projects such as client change management, new business/product initiatives, regulatory initiatives, and general process improvement.
- Operates under general supervision but works on own most of the time.
- Ability to serve as first point of reference for day-to-day Hedge related queries, and serves as a liaison to related areas.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- May lead projects and/or train TA partners. Solid analytical and communication skills are needed to draft detailed project plans, scope business requirements and provide project updates to a wide audience.
- Strong organizational skills are required to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- The ability to quickly learn Transfer Agency and Partnership Accounting (Hedge) processes and to work effectively in a team environment is critical. Experience in the financial services industry specifically in the alternative investment space (Hedge Fund, Partnerships, etc.) is preferred.
- Develop expertise within the BPA Team to facilitate the execution of core processes including: client onboarding (fund launch and conversion), MAF, critical monthly Hedge/HPA processes, client change, regulatory initiatives, and maintaining static system data.
- Serve as a Hedge/Alternative Investments technical/functional expert without management responsibilities and be seen as a key advisor on significant business decisions.
- Serve as application vendor contact providing support and oversight of HedgeTek release, schedule, UAT, and install schedules. Work closely with NFS Support and business partners to coordinate application releases.
- Lead a variety of TA projects of varying size and complexity demonstrating solid leadership and project management skills.
- Liaise with partner areas to analyze existing processes and develop new strategies to support growing and changing business needs.
- Execute core steps related to the SDLC process from a business unit perspective including: complete process analysis, draft business requirements, document test plans, complete required testing, and execute post implementation monitoring.
- Provides technical expertise for products/services and oversees the implementation of new processes to support these products/services on an ongoing basis to ensure that client needs are met.
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates/changes impacting alternative investment products and mutual funds.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial services including knowledge of alternative investments (Hedge Funds, Partnerships) and project management experience.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.