Global Markets CAO (Chief Administrative Officer)-12 Month Internship-State Street - London
Who we are looking for
This dynamic 12-month internship will directly work with and support the Global Markets EMEA Chief of Staff to ensure that the GM business operates as a high performing unit and to provide the necessary band width to the CEO and management team to achieve their business goals.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record-keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
In the role of Global Markets CAO (Chief Administrative Officer)-12 Month Internship - State Street - London-you will be responsible for:
The role responsibilities include
The CAO Intern will support the GM business in its achievement of its mission across a number of regular duties, strategic project work and ad hoc assignments. These include:
- Assist in the development on-going deliverables, including the development and preparation of business reviews, Management Information and senior management committee papers
- Address ad hoc analysis and initiatives as they arise, which can be frequent given the dynamic nature of the CAO function
- Support the State Street International Bank GmbH London Branch Head in delivering on branch manager responsibilities including: projects, strategy, governance, regulatory requirements and policy and procedures
- Support the GM business on strategy, planning and goal setting for the year
- Support GM EMEA wide employee engagement and Learning and Development efforts
- Track outstanding issues; be detailed oriented and prioritise effectively
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge of core products, operating model, financial markets and technologies
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of Risk Excellence is displayed in your behaviour.
What we value
- Create stakeholder analysis and future resource planning process
- General continuous improvement across the portfolio of projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
The CAO Intern will also provide support to the Global Markets EMEA Change Management Office. Duties include:
- Identify innovative ways to improve current manual project reporting processes and reduce complexity
- Automate change resource and budget tracking processes and reporting
- Perform end to end review of project management documentation
- Development of a new Teams/SharePoint site to help promote the work and achievements of the Change team
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.