Senior Consultant / Manager, Tax Technology and Transformation (APTC)
- Experience level
Our Tax Technology and Transformation practice provides a wide range of services around various tax operational challenges that our clients face with respect to technology, data, process and people. As part of a global team of tax and technology professionals in 150 countries, you will get plenty of opportunities to use and build upon your experience in strategy and process consulting, data management, implementation of tax software solutions and designing and building tax requirements for various systems to help our clients improve the performance of tax functions.
As a member of the Tax Technology & Transformation practice, you will be the trusted advisor with a deep understanding of systems, tools and practices across the tax function with a business oriented mindset. You will lead end-to-end delivery of a range of exciting projects that will have significant impact on our clients’ businesses. You will advise our clients on the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions by delivering technology enabled transformation advice.
Your key responsibilities
- Data and Systems Effectiveness: Embed the needs of Tax into Finance and IT systems to increase automation and data quality throughout tax processes; automate tax processing, tax compliance and reporting through various tax technologies
- Define project objectives and scope utilizing expert knowledge of project management practices and procedures
- Responsible for the Project Management Plan, which includes areas such as a business case, work plan, schedule, budget, resource plan, communication plan, change plan, and risk plan. Translate key implications from business strategy into execution and act as strategic partner of business
- Process and Controls Enhancement: Re-design and deploy streamlined tax processes including new technology solutions with clear roles and responsibilities, standardized work processes, proper controls embedded to manage risks
- Risk Management: Assess and prioritize tax risks to establish a proper control environment that takes if into account the various regulatory regimes
Skills and attributes for success
- To be an empowered partner who will drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems
- Ability to keep up with project management technology, trends and best practices
- A keen interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions
- Demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others
- Willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong leadership, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Tax, Accounting or Business
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing and proactive personality
Ideally, you also have
- Good knowledge of how accounting systems (e.g. SAP, etc) are set-up and used to generate data and compliance
- Understanding of databases
- Experience in development with SharePoint
- A background in IT
- Verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin
- Experience working in public accounting firms and accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.