Senior Accounting Specialist
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to external clients from all over the world.
EY’s Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated Center of Excellence (CoE) focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist accounting, statutory reporting, tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic finance and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
We are focused on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally and also in delivering on their transformation agenda. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
We have an exciting opportunity to join EY’s Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) group within our EMEIA Tax Centre and are currently seeking Senior Specialists to join the ETC’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Poland to support our Global Clients.
Your key responsibilities
- perform EY multi-country client accounting and finance processes end – to – end, including service delivery,
- Coordinate and review the activities that are performed in the Centers of Excellence and EY local offices,
- Actively engage with clients to determine and oversee the accounting and finance processes, use of technology, performance management and continuous improvement opportunities,
- Work with the client, third-parties and EY network to implement finance operations solutions,
- Actively participate in applying, developing and implementing technology in the service delivery,
- Coach, develop and grow the team of junior accountants.
Skills and attributes for success
- end to end knowledge of tax and accounting processes and accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP knowledge is an asset),
- fluent English; knowledge of other foreign languages is an asset,
- very good knowledge of Excel; VBA is an asset,
- knowledge of ERP systems,
- higher education; master degree in finance/accountancy; Chartered accountant certification (eg. ACCA, CIMA, KIBR) is an asset.
To qualify for the role you must have
- minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting,
- shared service General Ledger (GL) experience is an asset.
- Ideally you’ll also have
- very good work organization, initiative and commitment,
- ability to work in a global international team and ease in building contacts and networking,
- ability to provide timely and comprehensive answers to clients’ queries,
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance including:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues globally,
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in an international environment,
- Contract of employment and a benefit package (multisport, health care and others),
- possibilities of achieving new skills and certifications.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (including home office). We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply and attach a cv and cover letter in English.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.