Manager International Product Finance
Institutional Banking and Markets is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. Our purpose is to enhance our clients’ success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights. It’s part of our DNA.
IB&M also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
IB&M Finance supports the IB&M businesses (Institutional Banking and Markets) in providing financial control, financial analysis, product control, regulatory accounting and related project implementation for finance related functions.
Do work that matters:
From a stakeholder perspective this high exposure role is responsible for leading the delivery of insightful performance reporting and analysis across the Client Solutions portfolios and represents an opportunity to add genuine value to core CBA businesses and greater finance community.
From a team perspective, this role has a direct impact in the growth and development of a global strategy.
The role will also influence and contribute to the greater International Product finance team together with a New York based colleague.
Leadership / Management:
- Form part of a strong, resilient, high performing team to support the IB businesses.
- Positively contribute, coach and collaborate with both the domestic and international teams.
- Positively contribute to performance culture including team leadership, and communication.
Internal and External Client / Customer Service:
- Drive business outcomes through building and maintaining effective relationships with Business and Finance customers.
- Deliver and effectively communicate the results of high quality, business focussed management reporting, forecasting, insights and ad-hoc requests.
- Relate business performance to financial outcomes through detailed review and analysis of the business and financial drivers.
- Act as first point of contact with the business for product revenue.
Contribution to Business / Profit:
- Drive a fact based financial assessment of the IB businesses to drive profitable balance growth.
- Management of month end reporting cycle, half and full year end reporting.
- Management of the forecasting and stress testing process for the IB international businesses.
- Responsibility for accuracy and integrity of global financial results through high quality analysis and rigorous financial control.
- Facilitating process improvement initiatives to the reporting, planning and analysis processes.
- Participate in strategic projects and business case development as required.
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support.
- Execution of ad hoc projects such as IRBR reform, Brexit, and implementation of new lending system.
Risk Management / Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory and control frameworks. Escalate non-compliance in a timely manner.
- Ensure that you, and any team members under your direct leadership, comply with the Group’s Occupational Health and Safety policy, all other internal Group policies and procedures, and any relevant external legislative requirements.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Experience and confidence dealing with Senior Management.
- Excellent commercial acumen and previous experience in supporting the business.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills, particularly important working across a geographically diverse matrix structure.
- A strong background in financial control coupled with a good knowledge of the Bank's planning and reporting cycles/procedures.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing high performing teams.
- Experience in financial modelling.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- SQL knowledge advantageous.
- Tertiary Qualifications.
- CA, CPA, CFA or similar.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/10/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.