Auditor - Asset Management
If you are curious, motivated, and forward-thinking, become a part of a global team of 140+ audit professionals - based in Chicago - working with team members and business partners in: Tempe, Toronto, Jersey City, Limerick, Dublin, London, Luxembourg, Pune, Bangalore, Singapore, Manila, and Melbourne. Audit Services provides the opportunity for financial services professionals to work on some of the most challenging issues in the industry to apply knowledge, insights, and objectivity to protect and strengthen Northern Trust’s legacy. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in building a team that is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and passionate.
We’ll help you make an impact with our onboarding, training and coaching, and you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your experiences and skills while developing and executing audit approaches, demonstrating professional skepticism to understand processes and controls, and applying analytical skills to review information and identify control weaknesses. Working across a number of organizational levels, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining high-trust relationships to help the team produce a work product that adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Audit Services’ methodology.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of business processes, risks, and controls, along with an understanding of relevant laws, industry changes, and the impact of technology
- Identify and analyze risks, plan and prioritize audit project tasks for on-time delivery, conduct interviews, observe operations, document and analyze processes and controls, document the reliability and quality of data sources, develop and perform audit tests, document work papers, and produce quality issues
- Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary (e.g., updating audit universe auditable entities, risk-based audit cycling analysis, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
- Professional credentials such as: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is desired
- Two (2) to four (4) years of professional experience in a financial institution or in a public auditing/consulting firm (FS Clients). Candidates with Asset Management or Wealth Management internal audit is preferred.
- Developing communication skills to enable: 1) discussion of the business and risk with internal team members, 2) effective use of forms of communication (i.e. instant message, email, phone call, or meeting), and 3) effective written communication
- Developing exposure to control frameworks such as: COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework and COBIT Information and Related Technology Framework, as well as project management and change methodologies
- Ability and interest to build relationships across multiple time zones in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform ad hoc projects with flexibility and professional creativity
- Ability to diagnose problems, determine root causes, and identify solutions
- Interest around topics such as: economics, investment strategy and research, product management, investment administration, portfolio management and trading, alternative investments, derivatives, money market funds, mutual funds, collective investment funds, unit investment trusts, exchange traded funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, separately managed accounts, undertakings for the collective investment in transferable securities, marketing and sales practices, trade and transaction reporting, performance reporting, compliance practices, accounting practices, Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, Global Investment Performance Standards
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.