Senior Audit Manager, Data Management & Governance
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders.
See yourself in our team
The team is structured as a shared service model with BU audit teams to provide a centre of excellence for audits in the four domains of Group Operations, Data, Third parties and Projects. Be a part of the Data Management and Data Governance audit team who provides coverage over a wide range of areas with audit accountability over the majority of the Group.
The role focuses on data management and data governance around data ownership/stewardship, master data management, metadata management and data architecture.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing the delivery of a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and the Group’s Audit & Risk Committees, including relevant subsidiary boards and committees.
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank’s customers.
- Providing commercial insights to customers that makes a real difference to their business
Do work that matters
- In line with CBA Internal Audit Methodology oversee effective and efficient planning and delivery of auditing Data Management and Data Governance within the Bank through assisting the Executive Manager in building a dynamic, risk-based Audit Plan and to appropriately capture key and emerging risks
- Effectively support, supervise and deliver assigned scope areas of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure including administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Solve problems by applying innovative thinking and actively participate in processes to capture and act on innovation ideas, which impacts data initiatives across the bank
- Draft issues and agree factual accuracy and ratings with the Team Leader and the stakeholders, as well support the Executive Manager in preparing simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reporting, including audit reports and issue logs
- Create and develop independent and objective relationships within GA&A, the bank and externally to enable effective knowledge sharing and collaboration
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Extensive data governance and/or management experience such as data ownership/stewardship, master data management, metadata management, data architecture, data glossaries is preferred, CPG 235 or BCBS239 will be highly regarded
- Understanding of data management frameworks and industry best practices as well as data related regulatory obligations in a banking environment is preferred
- Substantial experience in dealing with senior leaders to influence an organisation’s policies and processes to manage data frameworks
- Demonstrated ability in building strong customer relationships based on credibility, rapport and trust to derive commercial insights
- Relevant internationally recognised auditing or professional accounting qualifications
If this sounds interesting, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 06/10/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.