VP- IT Audit
At State Street, our people are our most valuable — and valued — resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a global systemically important bank, with operations in 26 countries and more than 36,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee is engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Division carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of approximately 300 professionals, is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
Corporate Audit’s IT and Integrated Audit team is responsible for engagements that focus on Infrastructure, Technology and IT Applications risks associated with the business.
An ideal candidate will have a proven record of IT audit execution in accordance with IIA, COBIT standards and industry best practices and hands on experience with application, technology, Cyber and cloud audits.
Corporate Audit is seeking a well-rounded and versatile individual, who will manage Infrastructure, Technology and integrated audit projects, including full scope integrated audits, special reviews, and pre-implementation reviews. Senior manager responsibilities include:
- Perform quarterly & annual risk assessments, develop audit universe and assist in preparing the annual audit plan.
- Schedule, oversee and deliver audit assignments, including resource management, planning assignments, and providing overall direction to the integrated audit team.
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Manage relationships with senior and executive management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science, Information Assurance or related field.
- CISA, CISSP, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Must have CISA or be willing to take the CISA exam within 1 year.
- Seven plus years of experience in Public Accounting, IT Audit, Consulting, or Business Process Engineering preferred, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
- Motivated self-starter and intellectual curiosity.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Financial Services processes and technology, Oracle E-Business Suite, Database Technology, Technical application background.
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Ability to coordinate and interact positively with other teams in the audit department.
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.