Based in the South Oxfordshire this is a hands on Finance Manager opportunity with elements of management accounting, technical reporting, compliance and business partnering. This would suit someone looking to step up into their first Finance Manager role having qualified either in Practice (ACA/ACCA) and then worked in industry for a few years or CIMA qualified but has picked up technical skills in industry and wants to step up.
The business is a highly profitable international division within a much larger group. The organisation has an excellent reputation for the development of finance talent and this is a great 'foot-in-the-door' opportunity.
The company has an excellent culture and office environment however will offer flexibility especially given the current situation.
The Finance Manager role will focus on the more of the technical aspects for this business, leading on all financial reporting and compliance aspects and partnering with the Financial Controller to influence and improve processes.
The key, day-to-day aspect will include:
- Produce the quarterly and annual reporting packs
- Consolidated group accounts
- Produce statutory accounts, liaise with the auditors
- Business partner the wider business with finance input on commercial activities and projects
- Assist the budgeting and forecasting process
- Analysis of business performance
- Cashflow forecasting and balance sheet reporting
- Management and leadership of a small team of 3
- Review and critique the financial information delivered by the finance team
- Prepare group VAT returns for group entities
- Report to and challenge the Financial Controller on the assumptions and data provided
* You will be holding a recognised accounting qualification, preferably ACA or equivalent (CIMA/ACCA).
* You have at least 3 years post qualification experience, ideally within a commercial business.
* Strong technical background, preferably with some experience with M&A accounting.
* You have the ambition to progress in a demanding and rewarding environment.
* Building and sustaining high-quality relationships with your customers - clients and colleagues.
* A strong influencer of others, engaging in your communication style.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
A excellent mentor and broad exposure to all aspects of finance along with £50,000 - £60,000 + excellent market leading benefits.