American Training Inc. has been delivering human service programs for more than 30 years. Headquartered in Andover and with a footprint stretching from Chelsea to the New Hampshire border, American Training is a leading provider of residential and day programming services to intellectually disabled adults and at–risk youth. American Training also offers a wide array related services to other populations including technical school training to the unemployed and underemployed, transportation to those utilizing our services and creative arts programs to area youth as well as after–school programs and night courses.
With 360+ Colleagues and more than $22 million in revenue, American Training is a place where talented, committed human service professionals come to build a career and make a difference.
American Training is seeking an experienced and talented professional to join its management team. The successful candidate will be a hands–on manager and process thinker who can take our finance and administration infrastructure to the next level, enabling us to meet the growing need for our services and dramatically impact our effectiveness.
Under the supervision of the CFO the Controller leads all day–to–day finance operations and supervises a team including functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable and receivable, financial reporting, cash management, contract/grant accounting and budget development.
The successful candidate:
- Ensures that proper systems, procedures and internal controls are consistently in place to support effective financial and accounting operations, maintain compliance with GAAP and federal compliance, and achieve successful audits.
- Supports the organizational budget process and ongoing forecasting and variance analysis.
- Provides leadership in maintaining strong internal communications with staff at all levels, promoting a positive and supportive work environment.
- Collaborates closely with senior management to ensure a solid understanding of accounting and finance policies and procedures, proactively explores continuous system and process improvements and how the finance function can support overall operations.
- Mentors and directs the daily work of a diverse team, ensuring all work is processed efficiently and meets internal monthly close schedules.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and year–end closing in a timely manner.
- Generates monthly departmental reporting of actual–to–budget activity and engages in necessary review with senior management on significant variances.
- Manages operational cash flow.
- Oversees all contract and billing functions, acting as liaison to outside funding organizations when necessary.
- Partners with the CFO in development of the annual budget, develops cost allocation plans, forecasts service revenues, depreciation and fixed asset schedules.
- Develops and implement purchasing policies and procedures including management of a de–centralized credit card purchasing process and financial management of fleet acquisitions and disposal.
- Develops and provides technical oversight of custodial funds management processes.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, advanced degree or certification a plus.
- 5–7 years' experience in a multi–faceted healthcare, human services, or professional services environment operating in the $30 million revenue range.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting information systems, preferably Dynamics SL, report writing software and Excel.
- Experience in the implementation and management of multi–functional systems in the areas of HRIS/Payroll, service data reporting and utilization, and third–party payer systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of non–profit accounting principles, A–133 requirements, and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of MA EOHHS contracting processes and UFR cost reporting is highly desirable.
- Highly professional demeanor with strong interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand the need for new systems, procedures and processes and develop creative solutions to operational and financial reporting processes.
- Employ a team–building, mentoring approach in supervision and work style, as well as flexibility in approach to work processes and tasks.
- Effective communication and organizational skills; and proficient computer skills.
- Satisfactory CORI and Fingerprinting Background check.
American Training, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, short and long term disability, basic and supplemental life, vision insurance, competitive pay, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!
If interested, please send your cover letter with qualifications and resume.