Accounts Senior - Top 10 Firm
This is an ideal opportunity to gain exposure to complex financial statements and consolidated accounts within a top 10 Firm of Chartered Accountants in Guildford. This position is well suited to candidates in a mixed audit & accounts role looking to move out of audit.
This leading, top 10 firm of accountants provide accountancy, tax, audit and advisory services to wide ranging clients across Surrey and the South East including corporates, professional services, non-profit organisations and private clients.
The firm provides a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups including listed businesses!
Their client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, both private and publicly listed businesses across London and the South East primarily focused on large corporates and AIM listed clients. With on-going growth and positive developments in the firm, you will have opportunity to progress in your career.
Reporting to an Accounts Manager, your core responsibilities will include:
- Building long lasting client relationships.
- Supporting a number of Directors and Managers whilst also managing your own diverse portfolio of clients and being their primary point of contact.
- Preparing complex financial statements, including consolidated financial statements and review of disclosures under a range of accountancy frameworks including FRS102 for Manager and Partner review.
- Developing and applying your technical and commercial knowledge.
- Ensuring assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets agreed with Directors.
- Managing own workload in a timely and efficient manner while all the time ensuring we exceed client expectations.
- Supervising more junior members of the team on assignments.
- Assisting with billing.
- ACCA/ACA Qualified.
- At least 3 years UK practice accounts experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS 102 and related financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts, consolidations and cash flows.
- Able to produce high quality work in a fast paced environment
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 good A-Level results (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel
- You will be looking for the opportunity to progress your career within a leading top 10 firm of chartered accountants.
Salary circa £48,000 - £52,000 per annum.
Excellent development and career progression opportunities.
Competitive benefits package.