About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Administrator to join our Highways team to work in Gravesend, Kent.
- To provide professional administrative support services to Site Support teams to ensure accurate project reporting.
- To be responsible for processing transactions in an effective, efficient and timely manner in accordance with CSUK policy.
What you'll be doing
As a Cost Administrator, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Processing of transactions including plant transactions, catalogue call-offs within delegated authority levels, material receipt/ GRN processing, invoice processing, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across projects in accordance with all relevant CSUK policies.
- Liaise with Cost Supervisors on issues with specific projects for escalation and resolution. (eg GRN issues, complex invoice queries, etc)
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- The individual should have general administration experience. The ability to work with people at various levels both internal Balfour Beatty and external and apply and comply with the CSUK site support procedures is essential.
- Numeracy & IT Skills: MS Office packages including Excel (Basic level) skills are required.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.