Portfolio Services Analyst, Senior Associate - London
Who we are looking for
The candidate will work as a member of the EMEA Portfolio Services Team , covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework, Cash Administration, Transitions, Static Data Management, Front Office Data Control and End Client Reporting functions.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Portfolio Analyst, Senior Associate you will:
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Manager on operational issues, provide command and control over inquiries, escalations and activities directly supporting the Front Office.
- Act as the escalation contact for Client Middle Office Teams on more complex queries / issues / breaks requiring end-to-end portfolio services support.
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances).
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in-group meetings.
- Interact with all IMS teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC, not limited to IMS.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Interact with clients and be prepared to represent the Cash Admin team in front of a client.
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Business degree from University or equivalent/relevant market experience
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.