Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - Manager - Doha
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised accounting services based on their in house needs and current International Financial Reporting Standards (International Financial Reporting Standards) guidelines. You’ll work with our team to provide specialist advice and training in areas such as financial instruments, business combinations, pensions and share schemes, listings, corporate treasury, company secretarial and corporate governance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Support, coach and develop the team to achieve results.
- Bachelor’s degree with a professional certificate (ACCA, CPA, CMA.. etc.).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a managerial position including 5-years’ experience within utilities industries.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven leadership ability in a team environment.
- Computer skills including proficiency in common word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- Attention to details and ability to cope with critical and difficult situations.
- Native Arabic speaker is a privilege. Moreover, must be a proficient in written and spoken English.
- Adhere to all established development, configuration, testing, and change control policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with business, IT, stakeholders and consultant teams to analyze requirements, propose, and execute solutions.
- Provide expertise in all the finance modules and functionalities of the ERP. Senior consultant will be key point of contact for guidance.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date October 31, 2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.