Operational Risk - Senior Manager
What you will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and oversee strategic projects within business risk management function
- Proactively identify, mitigate any risks identified during the course of the strategic risk review program.
- Working closely with business lines to supplement the project progress within the business risk management
- Independently identify and assess issues and ensure adequate engagement with relevant teams for timely resolution of issues, concerns and action items identified
- Escalate matters to the right stakeholders of the project in a timely manner
- Ensure timely and accurate creation and reporting of metrics at various forums within business and the hubs
- Understand dependencies for business processes, business functions, applications, technology, and internal / external parties related to the business risk review projects
- Provide support for coordination with global plans as it relates to the strategic business management projects
- Contribute to and support education and awareness training for business line on an ongoing basis
- Successfully position themselves as a trusted advisor sought out by senior business line management for advice and guidance on security issues
- Participate in business risk review programs representing the business area to detect and to respond to operational risks in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing risk excellence by obtaining additional training and staying current with risk review technologies and best practices.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- 9 to 15+ years of business risk management/leadership experience
- Preferred experience in Operational Risk Management or Business controls Compliance or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function / operation within banking/financial services/investment servicing/custody and accounting. Previous experience in first line and second line of defense desirable
- Communication/ presentations – excellent written and Verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Networking – Strong interpersonal skills; strong collaboration and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manage competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast- paced results driven environment.
- Ability to work with a team or independently to drive results and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion
- Strong understanding of Business risk excellence concepts including financial, business requirements, compliance and risk management
- Banking / Financial services experience will be a big plus
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven; ability to work in a fast-paced, structured and team-based environment, as well as independently
- Ability to handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines that could be fast-paced and business driven
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.