Pricing Analyst (Thai Language)
Shell Retail Thailand aspires significant growth in the coming years, taking one of the first places in Retail East. Pricing is identified as a key strategic lever for achieving this growth by implementing more sophisticated pricing strategy at local level. The purpose of the Retail Fuels Pricing Analyst is to actively support the pricing manager in country with relevant analysis and daily operations, potential ideas for improvements, providing pricing expertise and monitoring of test/results to maximize value at country level.
FUELS PRICING MANAGEMENT
- Assist Pricing Manager to develop fuel pricing management process to ensure competitive pricing strategy is fully and consistently implemented on the ground; define authority levels and establish control process for pricing management.
- Support retail pricing management: Timely and accurately provide key information (e.g. MOPs, product cost, exchange rate, margin by product by depot, etc.) to Sales team to support timely decision-making on the new retail price. Ensure that newly offered retail prices yield maximum C3 margin.
- Ensure the systematic process for smooth operation on general price change (GPC for Retail Nationwide, and price differentiation for selective products at selective sites) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure clear and timely communication to internal customers (especially Retail Sales & Op. Team) and external customers (i.e. motorists) about price changes
- Manage Retail network’s pricing operations by using designated system e.g. GSAP, Fuel Business System(BPOS), FPS, Comprice and ARMED and relevant tools
- Manage corrective price (RBA/DO) & corrective invoice price(DO), ensuring alignment with pricing policy, business procedure and the manual of authority. Implement control process. Define authority level, pricing scheme and/or volume incentives in coordination with Pricing manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support to Retailers/TM/DM when required in relation to accessing and understanding relevant pricing systems and tools e.g. Comprice, Armed
- Regularly update the key elements of pricing structure, e.g. transfer price, excise duty, oil fuel fund, energy conservation fund etc. Assess cost structure and make value-added analysis.
- Support Pricing Manager in defining site/region/nationwide pricing strategies and implementing the same
- Provide Pricing Manager with regular updates on margin optimization strategies and tracking of targets.
- Manage price survey. Monitor Retail site’s pricing compliance and ensure the regular sharing of compliance report to Retail Sales & Operations team.
- Develop and maintain relevant reports, tools and analysis on pricing information, inclusive of margin, to support business decision-making (daily, weekly, monthly etc and ad-hoc) to help understand better volume/margin performance of individual sites, price elasticities, trends/patterns in sales etc; measure effectiveness of the pricing actions and suggest course correction if required.
- Assist Pricing Manager in implementing potential marketing activities targeted to improve Shell’s competitive price positioning and perception.
- Support the execution of FOPP(Fuels Operational Pricing Policy) as well as provide relevant inputs when needed
- Continuously monitor market, competitors, legislation & customer demand trends. Identify impact on business P&L and propose changes to mitigate risks identified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia