Portfolio Services Analyst, Senior Associate - London
Who we are looking for:
The candidate will be expected to support the day to day operational tasks of the Portfolio Services Team (supporting 1 large client), and expected to contribute to multiple areas covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework, Cash Administration, Transitions, Static Data Management and Front Office Data Control and support other team members.
The candidate is expected to contribute to the improvement of existing processes within the team and also expected to provide analytical support in any change request on-boarding as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also be required to participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a new conversion.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record-keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Portfolio Services Analyst you will:
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Liaise with colleagues and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Review of various control reports eg reconciliation, material breaks and others to ensure the health of client’s portfolios are maintained.
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all IMS teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals.
- Interact with clients and be prepared to represent the Portfolio Services team in front of a client.
- Assist with Governance for offshore locations where applicable
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyse on the spot
- Strong team working skills
- Strong client service skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
- experience in an asset management / middle office role
- Experience in back- and middle-office of high-demand middle-office clients is considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with different teams
- Some travel may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.