Senior Financial Accountant
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
Responsibility for the accounting operations of one or more legal entities. This includes the maintenance of accounting records and internal control processes, production of monthly financial and regulatory reporting, and coordination of the annual financial and regulatory audits. This role also ensures company accounting policies and procedures conform to financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
A successful Senior Financial Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports.
Senior Financial Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- Manage all financial accounting activities for business operations within EMEA Region.
- Perform month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- To administer VAT returns and any other local regulatory compliance items
- Close cooperation with internal and external partners (auditors, tax advisors, local authorities, other departments of the company and others)
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage year-end audit.
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles.
- Involvement in projects (European and Global) as directed by the Finance Manager
- Cooperate with other financial functions cross company, especially AP, Cash collection and Commercial finance teams
- Responsibility for the completion and review of internal and external reporting
- Certified Accountant level / University degree is an advantage
- 5+ years of accounting / tax or audit experience
- Experience with reporting of US GAAP/IFRS and preparation of statutory financial statements
- Proven experience with VAT returns preparation
- Experience being first point of contact for auditors
- Strong written and spoken English, additional languages are an advantage
- Ability to independently resolve moderate to complex problems
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user
- Oracle E1 and HFM experience is an advantage
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria (online benefit portal) 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Flexible start and end of working hours
- Home office possibility
- Meal card contribution on 100 CZK/day worked (55% paid by the company)
- Multisport card (optional benefit through the cafeteria system)
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Contributions to ACCA/CIMA/ICU qualification
- Financial support for upskilling qualification
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Company events and activities (social events, volunteering, teambuilding)
- Nespresso coffee, variety of tea, fruit and vegetables daily at the workplace
- Friendly international environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.