Senior Accountant FTC
Are you a local accountant seeking a new challenge? If you have previous experience and exposure to local authority/public sector finance, this might be the role for you.
Opportunity to join the team on a FTC or day rate.
Our public sector client in Portsmouth are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant into their team on a 12 month FTC (duration of assignment may vary) reporting to Group Accountant and/or Finance Manager.
- Assisting in the development of financial models
- Preparation of budgets, monthly budget monitoring reports
- Preparation of monthly accounts, financial monitoring and final annual accounts.
- Appraising and evaluating the financial implications of projects
- Providing specialist knowledge and expertise in order to assist in revenue and capital budget process
- Assistance in statutory financial statements, statutory returns and financial analysis
- Liaising with senior members of the finance team, including stake holder interactions
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Experience in budget preparation and financial accounts
- Strong IT skills including Excel and other Microsoft Packages
- Previous exposure to information systems such as Oracle (E-Business Suite) and Business Intelligence
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of complex financial models is advantageous
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- knowledge of Local Government Finance
Competitive salary, opportunity to join the team on an FTC or day rate.