Accounts & Tax Senior Accountant - Tax Bias
A growing accountancy practice based near Lingifled is looking to recruit an Accounts & Tax Senior into their expanding business, to deliver accounts and tax services to a mixed client base across Surrey and Sussex. Given the positive developments in the business, there are excellent prospects on offer! This particular position offers the opportunity to develop and progress in to becoming the firms go to person for tax work.
A highly successful firm of accountants, based near Lingfield. The firm is undergoing continued positive growth and provides a superb environment in which to develop your accounting career.
Joining as an Accounts & Tax Senior, you will be based from the firms offices near Lingfield. You will be responsible for the preparation of accounts and general practice services to a varied client base. Therefore, a hands on, technical accounting background preparing accounts and tax returns, for clients ranging in size from small sole traders, partnerships and limited companies below the audit threshold in turnover is of key interest.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparing tax computations and providing advisory services
- Providing and reviewing bookkeeping services.
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client's behalf.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- General admin duties to provide support to partner, managers and the office.
You will be ACCA/ ACA/ CTA qualified or nearly qualified, or qualified by experience
Have 3+ years experience within an accountancy practice accounts and tax capacity.
Potentially interested in furthering your tax knowledge.
£30,000 - £40,000 plus benefits, dependent on experience and background.