Accounts & Tax Senior - Growing Independent Accountants
A highly successful and growing Accountancy Practice and firm of accountants, based in Canterbury is searching for a qualified AAT, part ACCA, or experienced only, Accounts & Tax Senior , to join the firm with excellent progression prospects on offer.
A highly successful firm of accountants, based in Canterbury. The firm is undergoing continued positive growth and provides a superb environment in which to develop your accounting career!
Joining as an Accounts & Tax Senior, you will be based from the firms Canterbury offices. You will be responsible for the preparation of accounts, tax and general practice services to a varied client base. Therefore, a hands on, technical accounting background preparing accounts, tax & VAT returns, for clients ranging in size from small sole traders, partnerships and limited companies below the audit threshold in turnover is of key interest.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparing both personal and corproate tax computations.
- Providing bookkeeping and CIS services.
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client's behalf.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- General admin duties to provide support to partner, managers and the office.
You may hold an AAT qualification, be studying ACCA and/or, you will be suitably experienced, with at least 3 - 4 years or more experience within the accountancy practice sector, from any of small, medium or large firm environment, as an Accounts & Tax Senior, or similar level.
You will have hands on experience in accounts and tax preparation and be looking to further your career, in an opportunity where you will have scope to progress and develop in your accounting career.
£25,000 - £32,000 plus benefits, dependent on experience and background.