Cash And Debt Manager
On behalf of a business based in in Redhill I am recruiting for a Cash & Debt Manager to join on a temporary basis for a period of 6 months.
My client have a clear vision to be an outstanding business delivering excellent service to their customers over the next couple of years and to do this they are focusing on the people they employ as an integral part to achieve these goals.
The role will be initially based remotely but you will need to go into the office as the year progresses to meet the team and complete certain tasks.
This temporary Cash And Debt Manager role based in Redhill will involve the following responsibilities:
- Manage and process data to organise target lists for collection and processing
- Use legal processes to recover monies owed
- Manage disconnection processes and meter reads where necessary
- Co-ordinate with Corporate Accounts to recover large payments
- Agree payment terms with customers according to rules
- Drive the invoicing process in home services
- Apply late payment fees to accounts in a strategic way
- Work alongside the team to deal with customers directly on the phone
- Drive down the debtor days.
- Assist the management accountants to report debtor numbers and the degree of provisioning required
- Coach and train up staff, providing regular feedback on performance to staff in line with their objectives, ensuring that appropriate career development of all staff is being proactively addressed
The successful candidate for this temporary role will need to have the following skills:
- Experienced credit manager with experience of using legal routes to recover funds
- A degree level qualification would be preferable and/or Part qualified in a finance qualification or some form of credit control qualification
- Good presentation and inter-personnel skills
- Ability to start immediately or on a short notice
- Experienced at extracting data from billing/accounting systems and manipulating into the desired reporting and presentation in excel.
6 month temporary role with the option to go permanent