Junior Accountant (Legal Entity) #143634
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a global team with 160 staff responsible for the core accounting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse’s New York Branch.
- Act as point of contact for any Accounting issues and matters in connection with financial accounting or Regulatory reporting for subsidiary entities associated with the Alternative Investments business;
- Be engaged in Regulatory Reporting required to be submitted to Regulators, e.g. to the FRB (Fed Reserve Bank) on the IHC (Intermediate Holding Company) regulations;
- Posting of month end journals across different products (Private Equity, Derivatives, Repos, Loans) if necessary.
- Procure adequate business knowledge during the course of job, of entities under his/her supervision and prepare/present to management, commentaries on analytics as required;
- Contribute in providing business requirements for financial reporting resulting in changes to infrastructure, due to changes to existing accounting requirements, regulatory reporting, or changes to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Act as great teammate and self-learner involved in continuous research and problem solving of BAU queries and issues confronted in the entities;
- Contribute to ideas of innovation or better / efficient ways of achieving the same output and tasks;
- Act as problem solver on financial /Regulatory reporting process issues, having a keen eye for details and efficient in work output.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- 1-3 years working in a public accounting firm or in financial services accounting.
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP accounting and principles.
- CPA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Regulatory Reporting and Audit experience is a plus!
- Hardworking with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.