System Management and Reporting Analyst (Audit Services)
Northern Trust is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset servicing, fund administration, fiduciary services and banking solutions to corporations, institutions and affluent individuals. For 125 years, we have evolved with the changing needs of our clients and our world.
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Responding to our growing client base and operational considerations, we decided to expand our presence in Southeast Asia and selected Manila, Philippines, as the location for our new operating center - Northern Operating Services Asia, Inc. (NOSAI). This new location will provide support for our Operations and Global Fund Services businesses while complementing our high-quality, resilient operating centers in Bangalore, Chicago, Dublin, Limerick and London.
NOSAI also will combine Northern Trust’s heritage of market-leading products and services with the highly educated, dedicated workforce in the Philippines. We are committed to a long-term partnership in the region and excited about this unique growth opportunity.
The System Management & Reporting Analyst role on the Professional Practices Team is responsible for providing operational, administrative, and project management support for the Audit Services Department, including internal reporting, Audit Services system management and analytics.
The Professional Practices Team is an independent function within the Northern Trust internal audit department that is responsible for the Department’s methodology, training, quality assurance activities, reporting, and other administrative activities to support ongoing operations.
The Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Professional Practices Team in fulfilling its objectives by assisting in the ongoing administration and maintenance of the team’s application to enable the Department to meet its methodology and reporting requirements.
This role will support and engage with global audit teams to ensure that the team is delivering the requirements needed for auditors to execute and report on with the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Professional Practices Team in fulfilling its objectives by conducting and improving the reporting and follow up processes on intra departmental activities
- Supporting the development of senior management, affiliate and corporate audit committee, and board reports; and
- Assisting to perform and maintain certain internal controls important to activities performed within the Department and required by regulation.
The Analyst will report locally to the Audit Manager in Manila, and will be aligned to the Professional Practices team in Chicago following a 5:00AM - 2:00PM shift.
- 4+ years of experience in the Banking/ Financial Services sector is preferred
- Audit, Regulatory Reporting, Quality Assurance, Risk Management and/or Compliance is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Excellent Excel and Power point skills required
- Audit experience is not required, but understanding of audit-related and internal control topics is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Management, Finance, Statistics, or Accounting is preferred, but not required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.