Extended Assurance – Internal Audit Senior/ Assistant Manager - Banking & Capital Markets, London
Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
We are looking for Internal Audit professionals who have a strong background in Financial Services and Internal Audit. Ideally, candidates will have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and / or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
Your key responsibilities
EY’s Internal Audit team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation’s business activities are operating effectively in addressing these difficult tasks. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Banking market.
Join us and you'll work on teams and influence the overall execution of smaller projects and / or separate components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners. You'll also be introduced to career demands that will take you into exciting new professional territory. As part of the Extended Assurance team you will;
Skills and attributes for success;
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting Banking & Capital Markets clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) position.
- Ability to guide teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Conceptual rigor / flexibility to rapidly comprehend complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, resolve in achieving solutions and ability to work and supervise under pressure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA, ACCA, CIA qualified or equivalent
- Experience working with Banking & Capital Markets clients
- Some experience of internal audit and internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley)
- Knowledge of business process, operational process and process review
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Structural Reform; new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
- Market knowledge
Ideally you’ll also have
- Experience with innovation and transforming internal audit processes
- A track record with a blue chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
What we look for
We are looking for people who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want people who will further add to the continued success of our Insurance Risk Advisory Practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your single and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.