FAAS - BCM - Senior
Within EY, CFO Advisory (“CFOA”) operates across a global network and the UK has dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients. CFOA focusses on delivering the key aspects of a Financial Services CFO’s agenda across Compliance (implementing new accounting requirements and regulations), Controls, Cognition (improving insight), and Cost.
There is an opportunity to join CFOA team to focus on Banking and Capital Markets (“BCM”) clients.
We are looking for Senior Consultants to join the team and be integral parts of our delivery teams, helping our BCM clients improve and overcome any problems. While we typically work with our clients’ Finance functions, we may work with any area of the client.
Our clients are varied, running the entire the spectrum from the largest global banks to entrepreneurial start-ups / fintechs. They are dealing with topics that are varied and frequently changing, ensuring you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and help us to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Under the direction of engagement partners and managers, you will be responsible to be a key member of a team delivering solutions for our clients. You will be expected to leverage your pre-existing knowledge, as well as pick up new skills over time. EY has a deep and varied learning & development programme which can help with this.
As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries
Aside from client work, you may be asked to assist with business development/marketing, as well as People-related or other important strategic initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of accounting and regulatory issues;
- Function as a self-starter and be results-driven;
- Broaden and deepen our relationships with our clients, specifically with the Finance Function;
- A drive to learn and develop across a range of topics;
- Engage in business development and other marketing activities for the CFOA team to help grow the business;
- Support management in preparing and delivering proposals on new opportunities;
- Manage and lead teams on projects and work with other Advisory and Assurance teams to deliver high quality client service;
To qualify for the role you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in the BCM sector, in a capacity of Auditor/Consultant and/or working within industry, preferably in the Finance function;
- Significant exposure to finance functions at financial corporate institutions – e.g. what they produce, policy, procedures and controls
- A strong accounting background;
- An ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Excellent communication skills and good technology skills across basic Office applications and products;
Ideally, you’ll also have;
- Accounting qualifications: ACA/CA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent
- Exposure to banking regulations and how they impact BCM clients
- Exposure to financial and/or regulatory reporting
- An interest in developing technologies and how they can impact our clients (eg, Cloud computing);
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about advising BCM clients and whom have the right experience. You will be part of high performing teams and have the interest in helping generate new business opportunities.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.