Risk Client Services - AVP
State Street is the world’s leading provider of services to institutional investors. We have the focus, experience and technology to support the daily needs of our clients and the beneficiaries and shareholders they represent – providing information services, custody, securities lending, investment management, performance and analytic measurement, cash management, and record keeping.
With over 28,000 employees worldwide, we offer clients a global perspective as well as local expertise. Our state of the art technology, a global network that spans 103 markets and offices located in 26 countries all contribute to the resources and solutions that help our customers invest in virtually any world market.
Our broad range of clients includes investment managers, corporations, mutual fund companies, public pension funds, unions, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. We have developed a comprehensive array of services that is designed to work specifically for these clients.
If you are an enthusiastic team player in search of an environment in which to build a rewarding future - this is it. Progressive career opportunities and a terrific team: they are here at State Street Canada.
- Individuals at this level are required to effectively manage problems and assess how to best satisfy external and internal client requests. Assistant Vice Presidents should have a focus on operations and implementing products, services and enhancements as well as assisting in further developing the Risk Product.
- The AVP - Risk Services reports directly to the Vice President - Global Risk Services. The incumbent is responsible for enhancing our global approach for the product with a solid focus on operations, understanding the needs of key global clients and points of delivery.
- Aid in the development of both strategic and tactical plans for the development and the on-going management of the global risk product.
- Provide leadership and manage the shared service team implementing new risk technology via partnership with an industry leading Software vendor.
- Develop and maintain positive external and internal relationships by effectively gaining knowledge of issues faced by groups and creating solutions to meet their unique needs.
- Work closely with all business and support units and contribute to the risk product sales and marketing activities, global service delivery and advancing State Street's shared services approach.
- Review the logistics required for new business prospects including staffing and other operational requirements to successfully meet client objectives and needs.
- Assisting in revenue opportunities through up-sell and cross-sell activities. Assisting the Sales team with client RFP's, and participating in prospective clients presentations as required.
- Identifying areas for productivity improvement within the unit, and implementing measures to improve the efficiency of the unit.
- Manage the business unit with a risk-focused discipline. Proactively identify areas of risk, and develop and implement measures to mitigate risk.
- Produce and submit to the Vice President - Global Risk Services, a monthly risk management report to identify issues of risk exposure.
- Ensuring that the Business Continuity Plan for the unit is current and executable in the event of a business interruption.
- Ensuring that the business unit is in compliance with Human Resources policies.
- University degree in administration, finance, accounting or other with equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in Liquidity Risk
- 6+ years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience in managing strategic client relationships as well as sales experience preferred.
- In-depth security instrument knowledge is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- CFA, MBA, CMA or other financial designation preferred
- Superior administration, organizational and time management skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.