Controller in Global Real Estate Accounting Team
JPMorgan Chase's Corporate Controllers is a global organization of approximately 1,500 colleagues, operating through a partnership among Corporate Accounting Policies, Corporate Regulatory Policy & Reporting, Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Sector Controllers, Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Finance India, and Finance Platform Strategy & Controls. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.
Corporate Sector Controllers is responsible for financial and operational accounting activities, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Corporate Line of Businesses (LOBs), as well as centrally managed Firm-wide accounting activities.
The Global Real Estate Controller team is comprised of business and accounting professionals across the globe who have direct responsibility for a firm-wide real estate portfolio in more than 60 countries across 5,500 owned and leased properties, covering approximately 74 million square feet.
The Associate Controller will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform and/or review monthly accounting processes, reporting, and analysis
- Financial review on capital expenditures and in accordance with US GAAP and Firm policies, including timely recording of fixed assets
- Monthly reconciliation and analytical review of financials to ensure propriety of balances
- Review and improve accounting processes to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness of the department
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to management
- Support internal and external audit activities and inquiries
- Develop and maintain effective communication with the management team and business partners
- Perform ad hoc analysis or other responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required; ACCA/CGMA preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience required in accounting or finance with demonstrated career progression
- Public accounting experience and/or large corporate experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables
- Strong attention to detail and a structured mindset with process/continuous improvement and innovative thinking
- Self-starter with initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, work collaboratively and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience preferred with automated financial systems (SAP) and worksheet modeling tools (Excel)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.