Extended Assurance - Senior/Assistant Manager, Financial Services - Edinburgh/Glasgow
1 day left
- Experience level
Financial Services - Extended Assurance - Senior/Assistant Manager
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our Extended Assurance team across Edinburgh and Glasgow. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance practice provides ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the quality of governance, processes and controls managing financial and non-financial risks within a business.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms’ internal processes, e.g., through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. The processes require a broader set of controls than those traditionally used for Financial Statement reporting, including the requirement to address a wider suite of risks.
EY’s Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation’s business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for assurance/governance/internal audit professionals who have a strong background in Financial Services.
- Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry, and an ability to document business processes and control diagrams.
- We are looking for people with banking and capital markets or wealth and asset management knowledge. You need to have an ability to identify the operational risks within a process and design controls testing programs to assess the quality of control over these risks.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential.
- Individuals who are able to demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
- Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
- Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What you will do:
Join EY’s Financial Services practice as an Extended Assurance professional and you will be expected to:
- Work on the execution of a variety of projects, including non-financial assurance reviews (eg COREP, Client Assets), regulatory reporting assurance (MIFID), financial crime reviews (AML, Sanctions), general business process and controls advice, internal audit and compliance services;
- Work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners;
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as client site, and potentially requiring UK travel;
- Use expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm’s and industry standards;
- Coach other team members, share experiences, share knowledge and generate new ideas with them.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualification, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent;
- External audit or internal controls / audit experience;
- Background in financial services, either working with financial services clients in an Assurance capacity or in industry with a blue chip employer;
- Particular industry specialism experience preferably in Banking & Capital Markets or Wealth and Asset Management.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.