Derivatives Specialist, Associate 1
Who we are looking for:
The team in Poland deals with the complex futures and options processing for the entire European exchange traded derivatives Centre of Excellence book of business and supplementary business offshored from other State Street sites. The Derivatives Group is the central point of contact for the clearing banks and client service teams on all sites. Other services provided include some cash instructions and the improvement of processes for recording derivative instruments accurately and efficiently.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that transactions are processed accurately and on time for our clients’ funds Ensure that the client instructions are processed and reconciled versus clearing broker statements
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing
- Point of contact for any routine queries raised by an internal department
- Daily communication with Investment Manager on outstanding items in conjunction with Team Leader/ members of the corresponding departments / sites
- Resolution of outstanding issues from other departments e.g. Fund Accounting Shareholder Services Financial Control
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modelling for new fund structures where appropriate including requirement to actively participate in meetings
- Assist with internal/external related audit queries
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Ensure that relevant reporting is prepared and reviewed
- Prepare and Maintain Document process flows and procedures
- Review all reporting produced by the Associates on as needed basis
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Critical Behaviours for Success as defined
- Core Competencies:
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Good command of English
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities.
- Working knowledge of software packages particularly Microsoft Excel
- Level Of Education:
- University Students or Graduates.
- Previous Level Of Experience:
- Experience in a commercial environment such as banking or insurance would be advantageous.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.