Consultant, Regulatory Reporting, HFS
About the Company
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services (NTHFS) is a leading provider of middle and back office services to hedge funds and other organizations with complex assets and strategies. NTHFS brings together powerful technology and highly skilled professionals to help our clients handle complexity and execute their strategies. With approximately $100 billion in assets under administration, NTHFS is one of the world’s fastest growing hedge fund administrators in the industry.
The HFS Regulatory team member will be responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive offerings for regulatory filings applicable to our clients (e.g., Form PF, CPO-PQR, AIFMD, TIC, 13-F, ADV). It will be important for the individual to explore additional regulatory filings where a service offering could be developed in order to enhance the overall client experience. The individual will work with a range of business units within HFS, including Financial Control, Investor Services, Operations, Product Control and Relationship Management. This role will assist in understanding client requests, work with internal HFS teams to identify solutions and execute the end-to-end processes. Additionally, the individual will own business requirements and drive enhancements around the technology interfaces built to support regulatory filings. The individual will be asked to gain a detailed understanding of the specific filing requirements, identify where there is overlap and report trends across the industry.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong communication, relationship, and facilitation skills to work directly with clients.
- Shows strong judgment and ability to formulate plans based on needs and leadership styles
- Self-starter and analytical skills to research and make recommendations.
- Highly proficient Excel VBA skills (plus)
- Able to critically analyze large quantities of data
- Executes efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Attention to detail and team player.
- Able to consult with clients on a regular basis and communicate expectations and deadlines
- Leadership and organizational skills are essential to prioritize assignments and provide feedback.
- Participate with a team of people preparing filing analysis for major SEC & EU market filings within the Alternative Investment space.
- Liaise with clients and HFS management to develop methodologies for new and upcoming regulatory fillings
- Ensure consistency in approaches across filings, where applicable
- Understand and document business requirements for system and / or interface changes and new builds specific to the regulatory environment
- Coordinate and deliver regulatory filings to subscribed clients
- Complete quality checks on calculations and understand trends in responses
- Develop and maintain detailed process documents to ensure accurate completion of filings
- Work collaboratively and provide ongoing regulatory support for both clients and internal teams
- Communicate client expectations and deadlines across business units involved
- Consult with clients on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction
- A minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Experience using Excel VBA to implement and automate processes involving large quantities of data (plus)
- Experience with Investment Management and/or Financial Services; Hedge Fund specific a plus
- CPA designation (plus)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Big 4 public accounting experience (plus)
- Financial Reporting experience (plus)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.